Providing compassionate veterinary care for over 110 years.
Kragness Animal Hospital History
Kragness Animal Hospital was established in 1908 by Dr. Theodore Andrew Kragness (Craig’s grandfather) at 6031 S Wentworth Ave., Chicago Il followed by Dr. Arthur Kragness (Craig’s father) and Dr. Theodore Edward Kragness (Craig’s uncle), and lastly, Dr. Craig Kragness, the third generation of doctors serving the south side of Chicago for 113 years.
The beginning years at Kragness were dedicated to large animals, cows, and horses, gradually turning to small animal practice. In 1990 Dr. Craig Kragness closed the Wentworth location and relocated to 11332 So Doty Avenue to accommodate the growing number of clients. At this time, we are seeing third-generation clients who remember coming to the original hospital on Wentworth with their parents.
Congratulations to Dr. Kragness on his retirement!
To all of our loyal clients, Dr. Kragness has announced his semi-retirement starting October 1st, 2021. He will, however, be working one day a week to help a smoother transition.
Congratulations and best wishes to Dr. Kragness on a well-deserved retirement and our sincerest thanks for over 50 years of dedication to his patients and community.